Thursday, July 3, 2014

23 Years of Grace

    Sitting on the balcony, with a heavenly tropical breeze blowing, thinking back on my last 23 years and wondering, "How in the world did I get here?" Not in Africa in general. Just, to 23 years?! Looking back on all the stupid mistakes I've made in my life theres no reason I should be here today. One thing I've learned…God's grace is sufficent. God is enough for me. If I don't get one more thing out of this journey called "life" I want to know that God is, and always will be enough. Thank you God for Your grace! I seriously don't know where I would be with out it! I wouldn't be here, thats for sure. :) 
    This summer has been the most amazing one of my life. I have learned so much. I have experienced so much. I'm literally having the time of my life. But most of all, I have felt God. As the song goes, "I found love in a hopeless place." I found where I belong. Africa is quickly beginning to feel like home. I don't know if I am specifically called to West Africa? God hasn't revealed that yet. What I do know, is that without a shadow of a doubt, I belong in Africa. I don't know how long it will be till I get back. Not sure what God has planned. I do see Him opening doors before me, thats for sure. But He hasn't revealed everything yet. I'm ok with that though. I have learned to trust that God knows exactly what He is doing. He will reveal His plan in His perfect timing. :) I do know that when I leave here in about 25 days that I will again be leaving a huge piece of my heart here. I will again be leaving a place I know I will one day call "home". I will again be boarding a plane, not fully understanding my next move, but trusting God to see it through. I will return to Arkansas. Get "in the swing of things" again all too quickly. I'll go back to work, back to church. I'll hug my families necks. I'll bear hug my friends. But what hurts the most is knowing I'll be leaving behind a land I feel such a huge burden for. The place I will again leave my heart. The place I don't know when I will see again. Yah, I hate not having a plan. But I know God has a plan. I trust Him in that. The rest of my time in Togo will be spent in prayer that God will open the door to where He wants me to go. :) In Jesus name! 
     My birthday has been great though! We have been working in the bible college the past 3 days. We worked in 2 class rooms and in the sanctuary. We dusted, painted, scraped paint, mopped, stained and all of the above! They look great though! So we finished up today by sanding and painting 19 pews. Came home to find our house decorated with birthday stuff and balloons and streamers! I love my Next Steps family! They are awesome! Thank you for making my 23rd birthday in Africa amazing! :) We then braved taxis again and went to "Festival De Glaces" for plantains and ice cream! Then, I finally got to ride a moto! I've been wanting to ride one since we got here! ;) They are known as "jimijohns" here. It was a little sketchy at first, like wobbly, but then we got going and I just threw my hands up and enjoyed the breeze! It was a blast! I made Amber go with me too. ;) The Adams got me a beautiful painting! I love it so much! And a hilarious card from my Next Steps girls. What a GREAT 23rd birthday! :) 
   Tomorrow (today) we celebrate the of July at the Adams! Turns out the US Embassy isn't doing anything. So we shall party on our own! Minus the fireworks because they are outlawed here. ;) I got to talk to al my friends and family tonight so now my birthday feels complete! :) 
     So our team needs your prayers! We have 2 girls down with malaria and several with other issues. They are dropping like flies! We need prayers of healing sent this way! It gives me the feeling something amazing is about to happen in church! So I rebuke these sicknesses in the name of Jesus! So in your prayers tonight, send some this way! Love you all! 
    Until next time,
         Brandi :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment