Tuesday, May 6, 2014

25 Days and a Surprise



25 days?! When did it get so close?! Am I ready? I hope so! Nervous? Of course ;) Excited? More than you’ll ever know! With it getting so close I am beginning to realize just how much I’m going to miss around here this summer. My friends and family seriously got me this weekend! They pulled off an amazing surprise going away party! Details below… :)

                I get a text from our youth twitter account that we were to meet at the church at 2:45 to go out and help with tornado cleanup. Great! I’m excited, let’s do it! So I get to the church early (because I’m early for everything) and then I am kid napped by AJ and Hahkeem. (Random) so with a quick adventure all over God’s green earth we finally get back to the church and they go running in before me. At this point I’m like ok?! What is going on? All these cars were at the church and so was my best friend Jenn’s from Oklahoma! WHAAA? Walk in, and “SURPRISE!!” It was so amazing! They got me good! They seriously out did themselves. It’s just proof of how I have the most amazing and best friends in the world! Thank you so much for all you guys did. You have no idea how much it means to me. Love you :) 

                I am still waiting for my visa from Togo to come in. Hopefully it’ll be here by next weekend. When that comes I am good and ready to take off! I leave Saturday May 31 at 10:30am. Now that it’s getting down to the wire I’m a little nervous. I’ve never been gone this long. When I start thinking about everything I’ll be missing around I get a little sad :/ but I quickly realize that I am where God wants me to be. He told me 2 years ago in Tanzania that my work wasn’t done in Africa. I am so blessed to be able to go back with Next Steps. I will be there for June and July. I am so excited to see what God has in store for Togo and our team. He truly has blessed this trip, even before we are there! I am SO thankful. Please keep our team in prayers. Pray for safe travels, safety wile overseas and that God will unify us for His greater purpose. I know He has a great plan and revival in store for Africa! Excited that I was chosen to be a part of it! :)

                Keep watching for updates J I will update as often as possible, internet permitting, from the field. So, until next time… 
-Brandi




 

No comments:

Post a Comment