Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Just waiting on that fly"

        Ok… past 2 days? What to say, what to say. We finished up our second week of training classes. Just one more week left. We have been extremely blessed to have Brother and Sister Poitras with us these past couple of weeks. And also Brother and Sister Richardson, regional directors of Africa. I feel so privileged to have been taught and learned from these amazing people in God. Just having the opportunity to be trained by seasoned missionaries, WOW! so thankful! :) 24 kids got the Holy Ghost at our second "Pentecôte pour les Enfants"! It was amazing! Such a sweet presence of God. :) 
       So last night us girls were sitting around and eating some dinner then we got on the subject of possession. Don't ask me why but we just did. So we are telling these crazy stories about either possessions we have heard about or things we have seen. Of course its dark outside, in Africa needless to say, and we get a little freaked out! ;) It was kind of funny actually. We would freeze at any strange noise and then just scream! haha! Hilarious! At this point it was about 9. A few girls wanted to go to bed but were freaked out so we were like O.K.? Why don't we have like a quick devotion? So we all (ran) and got our bibles. We picked out our favorite verses and shared them with the group and explained why we liked them and then elaborated on them a little. And then God just showed off! It was amazing! We each began to tell our "story" and how God has brought us up to this point. It was crazy for me to hear each individual girls story. You would never tell by looking at them but each of us has been through nearly hell and back. But God broke through and took over our lives in so many amazing ways! No girls testimony better than the other, but just amazing stories of being saved by the grace of God. It was really a special moment. After we told our stories we just said a little prayer for peace and comfort through the night. Well, that lead to praying for certain girls home situations, to another girl, to another girl, to another situation and God pretty much took over from there! There was such a sweet anointing flowing out the windows of our apartment. Girls speaking in tongues and crying out to God. It was beautiful. I've found through my life that these types of moments are the ones that carry you through. The ones where God sweeps in and completely takes over. The ones where you pray in tongues. The ones that are unplanned. Sometimes out of place, but always right when you need them. God is so good! :) So as we prayed time passed and we weren't done until one! Needless to say we were exhaust this morning, but what a sweet, sweet night with our Lord. Every since last night there has been a shifting in the atmosphere. God is doing something here, I don't know what yet, but get ready. Revival is about to sweep through Africa and it is gonna be so sweet! :) 
     So I'm the butt of a new joke floating around here. ;) But that's ok! If you know me you know I love to make people laugh :) So during our devotion I kind of told on myself, but that's ok ;) I was up in Ambers apartment praying, and its been my prayer since I have been here that God will reveal to me where He wants me to spend my AIM tour. I feel down in my heart its Africa, but if you haven't noticed, this is a pretty BIG place! ;) And I am a very detailed person and like to have a plan. I can't help it, its just how I am. I need details and plans. It's hard to try and figure this stuff out with no direction! But God quickened and I realized that I'm not living in the NOW. I am so focused on my future that and what I'll be doing 2 years down the road that I'm not putting all my efforts in the NOW. It was kind of a much needed revelation. SOOO back to my point. I was praying and I was so desperate for God to reveal to me where to go next. Have you ever heard those stories where people have just gotten real blunt and bold with God?! Well…. I tired that. Amber has a quilted map of Africa in her apartment so I walk over to and just stare at it. And something in my head told me (as dumb as it was) to close my eyes, and when I opened my eyes again a fly, yes a legit fly, would land on the country I was suppose to go to next. I literally told God I was gonna do this and this is how it should go down. Flies are everywhere here so it wasn't too far fetched ;) So, I closed my real tight, said a prayer, then opened them real wide and….. nothing. I have a funny feeling God was standing over me just laughing and laughing and laughing. Saying, "Ha, I'll show you."  ;) I literally started laughing at myself and was like, Ok Brandi don't do anything like that again! Hahaha!!! So I told the group how ridciulous I was and they started cracking up! But y'all, as funny as it is, I'm holding on to that! I am waiting on that fly to land where he may! God has a sense of humor so I believe He'll  do it. But during all that I kind of learned a lesson. I am not ready to find out where I am suppose to go now. If God was to reveal that to me know, I would blow it! I would go and literally blow it. I wouldn't know a thing about reaching a lost people or what it takes to be missionary. God has instead been teaching me a lesson. "Live in the now. Focus on the now. Learn everything you can where you are, while you can. Stay focused and wait on me. Be PATIENT." I am learning so much here in Africa. Our classes are going amazingly well. I am learning form amazing missionaries. But I think the most important lesson God is teaching me is patience. Patience to trust in Him and believe in the plan He has for my life. I don't have to have all the answers now. I just have to trust God has it under control. And He does. So in the mean time I will worship while I'm waiting. I will praise you while I'm waiting. I will serve you while I'm waiting. I will blossom where I am planted. :) Until that fly decides to land somewhere of course. ;) 

Until next time y'all!
-Brandi Young
       

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered why God created flies. Maybe it was just to guide a young woman on her journey to reaching a lost world. :) Enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete