Monday, June 9, 2014

"Pentecôte pour les Enfants"

            The past 2 days have been pretty amazing actually! We had our 

first "Pentecôte pour les Enfants" on saturday! 7 Kids received the 

Holy Ghost! We Next Steppers did a mime skit, that was a pretty 

hilarious because it was in french and we had NO idea what we were 

doing. We winged it ;) It was about the upper room so it wasn't to hard ;) 

The kids played a game, then we had someone do a little preaching. The 

kids came up to the alter and we started praying with them. They are 

just so amazing in their worship. What broke my heart the most was to 

see some of these bound by demons. All I could do was cry and plead 

the blood over them. When things get too out of hand the locals step in 

and take over. Which is great. Because if I would stay with them the 

entire time at the alter. I just can't leave when they are like that. You 

know they have so much fear. Talk about a culture shock. BUT like I 

said…. 7 received the Holy Ghost! :)
After our kids revival we went the Sully's house for lunch. They have a beautiful home! It was cool to me to be in a missionaries home! Don't know why but it was. ;) We had lunch and then headed into down town. Talk about a crowd! We went into our first air conditioned room in a week! Needless to say we stayed a while. ;) It was a big grocery store type thing. We got a few snacks for our apartments and then walked around a little. I bought some mango and pineapples which are absolutely amazing! You literally have not tasted "real" fruit until you've had it here. I don't know what it is sou the soil or the air, but they are delicious!!! Especially the pineapple! They are so sweet! :) After that we headed back home and chilled the rest of the afternoon :)
Yesterday, which was Sunday, we spilt up and went to 3 different churches. I went wight he Adams to a local church. It was Pentecost Sunday and service was absolutely amazing! So much singing and dancing! I literally could not feel my feet by the time service was over. Abby and I testified and Alana and Rasche' sang. It is so funny to me because as they were singing the locals just starred in amazement. They were amazed that they were actually on beat and in tune. ;) Here you'll have the piano on one song, the drums an another, the guitar on something else and singers on a completely different song. Haha! But somehow it all works and comes together in a beautiful song for the Lord. Their worship is so pure and genuine. Pure joy shines through their faces as they dance before the Lord. It just so beautiful. They use "hankies", I mean they use those hankies. Well, none of us had one. So Jaydie Sarsfield (an Aimer here right now) went and bought a bunch and gave us all one. We kind of need a crash course in "proper hankie use", but I think we are getting it down. ;) Hahaha! Really as long as you are waving it I think your good. ;) 
After service we all met up at a restaurant down town by the beach. and it was air conditioned! Thank God! ;) I had a burger and fires and some delicious ice cream! Then we came back to our place and chilled the rest of the afternoon again. We were in church from about 9 till about 1 o'clock! ;) When we came back Bekah, Amber, Keena and myself went walking the neighborhood again. Took so many fun pictures and talked to the locals. We were almost back home because it was getting dark but we stop by the church close to our compound. We were standing outside listening to them sing and some girls came outside and invited us in. They have a beautiful choir! We sat and listened for about 20 minutes. :) 
Tonight we are going to a concert put on by al the local churches. We are actually singing in it too. We have been learning "Break Every Chain" in french and I cannot wait! It's gonna be so powerful! Can't wait to bring it back and teach my church ;) Oh yah! so far this week 33 people have received the Holy Ghost! PRAISE GOD! Excited to hear more awesome reports! 

Until next time,
-Brandi :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! I'm living vicariously through you right now and my imagination is running wild picturing what the town is like. Love you friend! You are definitely in your element over there.

    ReplyDelete