Saturday, July 21, 2012

Africa has my heart...

     Today we woke up and had breakfast at the hotel. Then we headed to the Esso church to pray as a group and hand out tracks. While handing out tracks my group had 2 mini street services. We sang a song in Swahali from the Swahali song book the Smoak's gave us. Which I love! And myself and Elizabeth testified. It was pretty much amazing. I think over the course of the trip we have handed out around 4000 tracks! That's 4000 seeds that have been planted and now need prayed over!!! We found out today that in Majenga KIA where we camped and handed out tracks that 475 people showed up for church the night after we handed out tracks! Four hundred and seventy five people!!! They said the tent couldn't even hold them! And 28 were filled with the Holy Ghost! Amen!!! All because we passed out those tracks!     Tabitha had a foreign exchange student from here inTanzania last year at her school. Well Tabitha took her to church and she got the holy ghost in the states. But she had to come back home to Tanzania after about 7 months in the states. Well we got to meet up with her at the hotel here in Arusha! Tabitha was so happy to see her! Brother Jury baptized her in the pool in the sweet name of Jesus!!! It was amazing!!!  The pool was freezing since its their winter here! It was only something God could of orchestrated. She traveled 4 hours to get here! And had to turn around and leave to make it back to school. But she was baptized!!!             In my testimony I talked about the struggles I've had since I was accepted to go here. From fear, nightmares, anxiety, depression, a sense of low self worth and feeling I wasn't qualified to come here. And how the verse 2 Timothy 1:7 has given me peace through it all. And that if God did that for me, he can do the same for them.      Tomorrow is our last full day in Africa. I can't help but feel our work here isn't done. We still have a long ways to go before the devils kingdom is completely torn down. I honestly don't wanna leave. But I know deep down in my heart, that I will be back to Africa. I don't know when or how. But I will be back. :) there's too much that needs done here. Africa will always have my heart.      Monday morning before we leave the Smoak's are letting us use the Esso church to wind down and really have a heart to heart with God. I remember hearing about this the first night and thinking OK that's MY time with God.  This will be our chance to stop and breathe, cause we been non stop since we arrived here, But our chance to stop, and really listen to God. I pray that God will reveal His plan for my life during this time in the church. Away from all the people, away from the work we've been doing. Just me and God. I pray that He confirms things for me. And for others. That we seek His guidance and He lays out a path for me to take. This is will be a very crucial part of the trip for me, Because I need some things confirmed on my life. Like my calling to missions. And I pray this is where that happens. :)        so here's a little info if you ever make it to Tanzania... Tanzania 101 DON'T DRINK THE WATER!  Don't waive with your fingers, it means "come here" (I've made that mistake a couple of times)  If your not dancing in church, your not having church ;) Don't sing in the shower. Water will get in your mouth. Humming is ok though ;) If you don't go to the restroom in a hole, you have not had the true African experience. If you sit down and someone offers you their food,  it's kinda rude not to take it. ;) They see heavier white (pale) people as a sign of wealth and beauty. ;) Tanzanians are overall extremely friendly people. Minus a few here and there.  If you get proposed to by a guy you've known like 5 seconds, say no and keep going. (they just want to get to America. And they are dead serious about the proposal.)  Strangers WILL kiss your hand and try to pull you in their shops. Keep walking.  You can feel the spirits while walking through certain areas of the villages here. Just pray that God breaks every chain there.  If you ladies ever wanna get out of doing something say "I have to ask my husband" and your immediately relieved ;) There are NO posted speed limit signs here. People drive on the opposite side of the road than America. And they drive like maniacs!!!  Swahali terms: (a few) Jambo- hello Habri- how are you Zuri- good  Mambo zuri- very good Assanta- thank you Poa- OK Beunoesa asafiway- praise the Lord Karibu- welcome  Wapechu!- where's the toilet?    Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment