Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Work isn't done here... I love you Africa :)

       First off I am so sorry for not posting sooner! The wifi at the hotel has been down! :(          I can't even begin to explain the joy I hold in my heart. I know God had a purpose for me to go on this missions trip. I didn't know what it was, and part of me still doesn't. But I do know that I have been completely changed inside and out. (as I ball my eyes out while writing this) When you go to Africa, it really steals your heart. I have seen with my own eyes starving children. Hungry souls. Poverty at its worst. The devils hold on people lives. I've seen all this first hand, and it has changed me. There's no way you could go to Africa and NOT be changed. Gordon Smoak (the Smoak's son) made a valid point when he spoke to the group this morning. He said this, "...once you go on a missions trip, especially to Africa, and see all these things with your own eyes, you will be forever changed. Every lost soul you see, your co-workers, your classmates, your lost family, it will eat you alive." I don't think he could of been more true. God has truly set a fire in my heart for lost souls.       So we got a total of everything that has happened since we arrived in Tanzania and started passing out tracks and having crusades. We were in 2 different cities for services,  Majenga KIA and Arusha. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!  Majenga KIA  28 healings  33 holy ghost Baptized 3  40 ready for Jesus name baptism Over 470 in attendance at these services  Arusha 17 kids holy ghost 31 adults  6 delivered from demons  3 ready for baptism in Arusha  1 baptized THESE ^^^ are the fruits of our labors! Hallejuah! I'd call that a very successful missions trip! And the fruits of our labor are continuing to grow even with us not there. I'm so excited to hear the results as the days go by. Because that my friends, is what a missions trip is all about. Yah, we had a blast. We went on a safari, we camped, we shopped, we bonded. But THAT, the soul winning, is the best part of the entire trip. Thats what we came for, and that's what we accomplished. We bonded so well as a team! We were united with one plan and one goal. And that goal was met. I think we all cried once we found out the results.       This morning we had the opportunity to go to the Esso Church and have our personal time with God. No ministry, no locals. Just us, and God. We shut the doors to the church, and just poured our hearts out to God.  Before we started praying individually we all spoke to the group and told about our favorite part and what God has done for us. My favorite part of the whole trip I think was seeing the Massai Tribe members receive the Holy Ghost. They worship many gods and to see them pray and repent to the ONE God was so rewarding. After we cried, spoke with the group, and cried some more ;) we had our individual prayer time. I thanked God for the opportunity to go on the missions trip and for providing my way. I asked him that if there was anything He needed to reveal to me, I am open and ready.........I had planned on going on the Next Steps trip to Uruguay next summer. (it's through AIM, it's a 2 month trip.)  but the Lord told me today that my work wasn't done in Africa......And once I said out loud that I didn't need to go on the Next Steps program, I had peace. Unexplainable peace, and joy?! Ya see, I believe God confirms and will with Peace. And that my friends, was unexplainable peace. The Lord told me my work wasn't done in Africa. "your work isn't done here." " your not done here" is all I could "hear". Not an actual audible voice, no. But a sweet peace over my spirit told me I'm not done with Africa. SO! With that, I truly believe it's in God will for me to go to Kenya next summer with AYC again. Kenya is right above Tanzania. Once the Lord told me my work wasn't done there, AYC Kenya 2013 immediately popped in my head. Of course I'm gonna do some more prayer and fasting over it. But this is where I feel called.       In the van on the way back to the hotel Brother Jury told us 4 ways that will help us determine the will of God and how we know it's true.  1.  Voice of God. You hear it. He speaks to you in your spirit. You feel it  2. Word of God. He will never go against his word 3. Spiritual authority. Go to your pastor or your youth pastor 4. Circumstances. If your broke and not raising money, your not going to the missions field. If your in debt. Don't have the ambition of a snail. Don't sit and wait around till it comes to you. Work for it!!!  And patience !!!!! :)  -Brother Jury       I know I've already said it but Africa has changed my life. It has changed my outlook on ministry, and my outlook on our missionaries. I had respect for them before, but now... They are some of the most inspiring people in the whole World. Keep our missionaries in your prayers. They need it. It's so easy to forget about what's not there, but they are out there. And they are risking their lives everyday to save lost souls. I hope to join them one day. :)     Before we left the airport we hugged the Smoak's and the Johnson's (missionaries in Rwanda, who came to help with AYC) and cried of course!  but while hugging sister Smoak she looked me in the eye and said these exact words, "I'll be seeing YOU again." :) I believe that was God confirming His will. So I'll take that as a word from Him. ;) Tanzania 101 part 2  Once again. Don't drink the water! You have to brush your teeth with bottled water.  D not give out your contact number.  No matter how much the local begs you for it. It's WapechO, not wapechU ;)  Theres no prettier sky than an African sky at night :) or at sun rise You haven't really seen Mount Kilimanjaro till you fly right over it :)  Africans pee anywhere. Even on the side of the road with traffic coming. :/  Sanitize sanitize sanitize!!!!   All soft drinks come in a glass bottle. ;) Shockalabockala-  all mixed up. Confused (probably my favorite Swahali word)  Peepee-candy Umbra- Pray  Until we meet again, I love you Africa :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment